inertiatic replied to your photo “upon discussing that being cocky, as long as you’re clearly joking,…”
A++ strategy, would recommend
Victoria we have male confirmation of the theory!
you must like to drink lol
Working for my mother makes me like to drink.
All women have a built-in grain of indestructibility
Sunlight slips through fingers, pools at our feet
the tick of the clock, is closer to a chisel, slowly chipping away at this
Silence bends, breathing moves easier
this delicate roaring strength, golden threaded lightning
The earth shifts, settles, and hums quietly
beneath collarbones, the bridge of a nose, the slope of a shin
Patching ourselves with crystallized moments
the act of rolling out of bed, of speaking clearly, of an exhale at dusk
Night settling into the world,
into the spaces we haven’t quite reached yet.
1. Out of the 5 children in this family, I’m the only one without a job.
2. My mother thinks I forget about that and reminds me frequently. She thinks I’m totally cool with it too, and makes sure I know very very lazy and unmotivated I’m being.
3. I’m not bitter or anything.
4. Today I remembered an incident with the art teacher when I was in probably 2nd grade where I was cutting a snowflake wrong and she hit the back of my hand with her scissors. Not like a nun would would a ruler, but like, “omg don’t touch that, drop it immediately”. Then she wasn’t the art teacher anymore later, and because I told my best friend and my best friend told our class teacher, the rumor was (the 2nd grad rumor. shit starts early.) that she was fired because of our incident. I really have no idea what happened after confirming my friend’s story with our class teacher.
5. My dad is the smartest man I’ll ever know, and hopefully someday I’ll figure out how/gather the courage to tell him how much he really inspires me.
And I’m using the words “inspires me” despite my hatred of the phrase in other situations because it reads cheesy as hell to me, so I mean the hell out of this.